Lost Pet Program

  dog cat
The Shaler Township Police Department cares about your lost pet and will assist in reuniting you with your animal.                                                                                                    

Reporting a Lost, Loose or Found Animal

To report a lost or found animal, contact the Shaler Township Police Department. When reporting, provide a description of the animal along with any identification it is wearing. The police department maintains a missing/found animal log with your name and phone number. You will be contacted should the police find your animal or someone reports the animal as being found. 
Stray animals are turned over to Hoffman Kennels (724-468-5505) who are contracted by the Township of Shaler for animal control. To report a lost or found pet, call 412-492-2222 or 911 for immediate response.

Pet Owner Liability

Pet owners are liable for their pet's actions. You can prevent your pet from causing injury or damage only if they are confined to your property and controlled as required by law. Failure to do so is a violation of Shaler Township ordinance # 80-1 and Pennsylvania Dog Law and could result in fines or impounding of the animal.