Pittsburgh – PennDOT District 11 is announcing a closure of the Babcock Boulevard (Route 4009) Bridge in Shaler Township, Allegheny County, will occur Saturday morning, September 30 through Monday morning, October 2 weather permitting.
A full closure of the Babcock Boulevard Bridge over Girtys Run between Greenhill Road and Evergreen Road will begin at approximately 4 a.m. Saturday morning continuously through 6 a.m. Monday morning. Crews will apply an epoxy overlay on the bridge. All traffic will be detoured.
East of the Closure
· Follow Babcock Boulevard eastbound
· Babcock Boulevard becomes Evergreen Road
· Evergreen Road becomes East Ohio Street
· Take the ramp to southbound Route 28 toward 40th Street Bridge/Pittsburgh
· Take the ramp to East Ohio Street to I-279 North (Exit 1B)
· Turn right onto Madison Avenue
· Take the ramp to northbound I-279 (Parkway North)
· From northbound I-279, take the ramp to McKnight Road/Evergreen Truck 19 North (Exit 4)
· Take the ramp toward Evergreen Road
· At the stop sign, turn right onto Evergreen Road
· Evergreen Road becomes Peoples Road
· Peoples Road becomes Babcock Boulevard
· End detour
West of the Closure
· Follow Babcock Boulevard westbound
· Babcock Boulevard becomes Peoples Road
· Peoples Road becomes Evergreen Road
· Evergreen Road becomes East Street
· From East Street, turn left onto East Ohio Street
· Take the ramp to northbound Route 28 toward Etna
· Take the ramp to Millvale (Exit 3B)
· At the end of the ramp, bear right toward Evergreen Avenue
· Follow Evergreen Road back to Babcock Boulevard
· End detour
Motorists using local roadways to bypass the posted detour need to be mindful of the speed limit. Local police will conduct enforcement during the closure.
Crews from the Joseph B. Fay Company will conduct the work on the $1.5 million project which includes rehabilitation work and drainage repairs.
Please use caution while traveling in this area. Work zone safety is everyone’s responsibility.
Motorists can check conditions on major roadways by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 825 traffic cameras.