Senior Citizens Resources
Senior Citizen Trash & Recycling Discount
Resident may apply at the Township Municipal Building and bring photo identification with proof of age, or send copy of proof of age with application. Senior Citizen Discount Form
Senior Citizen Tax Rebate Program
- Shaler Township offers a rebate to property owners who meet the following requirements. Maximum amount of the rebate is $25 per year.
- Age 65 or older / or
- Widow or widower, 50 or older / or
- Permanently disabled, 18 or older / or
- Property Address is the primary residence
- Applicant has owned and occupied the primary residence at least 10 years.
- Household income from all sources is $20,000 annually or less (Social Security is calculated at 50%, all other income is calculated at 100%).
- Current year Township tax paid in full
- Senior Citizen Tax Rebate Form
Senior Citizens Resident Free Swim Pass
Senior Citizens, 65 years of age and older may apply for a free two year pass to use Crawford Pool. Please bring proof of residency and photo identification when applying at the municipal building.
Crawford Pool Swim Pass Page
Shaler/Ross Meals On Wheels
With over 100 volunteers, this organization provides one hot and one cold meal to go to the elderly and convalescents. For additional information, please call 412-486-8000.
The American Legion, Shaler Post #795
The American Legion meets the 3rd Thursday of each month at 8:00 p.m. at 900 Mount Royal Boulevard, Pittsburgh, PA 15223. The sole purpose of the organization is to serve the community. For additional information, please contact Ed Spagnolo at 412-486-5023.
Bauertown AARP Chapter 2490The Bauerstown AARP provides extensive volunteer services including service to local food pantries, local nursing homes and Meals on Wheels. They meet the second Tuesday of the month at noon at the Bauerstown Fire Hall. For additional information, please call 412-821-8022. United Way - Allegheny County
Glenshaw AARP Chapter 3744
Community service for Glenshaw AARP #3744 includes visits to HealthSouth, Harmarville, S/R Meals on Wheels and Vincentian Nursing Home. This groups meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. at the Elfinwild Presbyterian Church Fellowship Hall. For additional information, please call 412-635-6266.